What is Holistic Dentistry?
La Jolla Center for Holistic Dentistry
What does a holistic dentist do differently than a conventional dentist?
First you should decide if you want to see a conventional or holistic dentist. Some of you may not even know there is such thing as “holistic dentist”. What does a holistic dentist do differently than a conventional dentist? Or what is holistic dentistry anyway? “Holistic Dentistry” is also known as “Health Focused Dentistry”, “Whole Body Dentistry” or “Biological Dentistry“. You probably get some idea from the terminology.
How can I tell if a holistic dentist is right for me?
Like other fields, not all holistic dentists have same expertise and knowledge. Make sure you ask the following:
- His/Her methodology, materials and methods of mercury free dentistry and detoxification he or she uses.
- Make sure he or she uses biocompatible materials and is familiar with various metal detoxification processes like urine-mercury challenge tests, hair analysis, fecal metal stool test, Vitamin C, Chlorella, and EDTA etc.
- How does he or she find out the levels of bacteria in gum? Does he use micro analysis?
- Does he or she use low radiation, digital X-rays?
- Since Holistic Dentists borrow from other medical fields, is he or she familiar with nutrition, homeopathy, and vitamins?
How does La Jolla center for Holistic Dentistry treat our patients?
- Foremost, we treat each person as our own family with upmost compassion and integrity.
- Safe and Mercury free dentistry
- Strictly follow safe mercury amalgam removal protocol.
- Use Urine-mercury challenge test, hair analysis or fecal metal test to measure heavy metal burden in the body.
- Safe mercury detoxification protocol.
- Individualized nutritional supplements before, during and after mercury amalgam fillings removal to support healing.
- Individualized Bio-compatible dental material from tests.
- Ozone Therapy
a. No shot, no drilling, no pain* to treat decay
b. Prevent root canal treatment
c. Treat re-infected root canal treated tooth.
d. Non-surgical gum treatment.
- Metal-free Zirconium dental implant.
* case specific, depending on severity of the decay